YOU ARE NOT ALONE. Facing any type of criminal charges can be frightening. You need an attorney to help guide you through the process. If you or your loved one is facing criminal charges, please consider making a call to Holly L. Lyons at 317-462-7787 for a free initial phone consultation.
Steps in the criminal defense process:
1. Stop. The police may stop you for questioning.
2. Search. If probable cause exists, a judge can issue a search warrant to look for items connected with alleged criminal activity. Warrants are not necessary in all searches.
3. Arrest. In order to be arrested, there must be probable cause that a crime has been committed and that you committed it. You have two important constitutional rights: the right to an attorney and the right to remain silent.
4. Initial hearing. You will appear in court once crimnal charges are filed. At the initial hearing, you will be advised of the charges against you, your rights going forward in the court process, and, in most instances, you will be asked to enter either a plea of guilty or a plea of not guilty.
5. Juveniles. In most cases, juveniles are not charged with crimes but instead will be charged with a delinquent act. There is no bail or bond for juveniles.
Holly L. Lyons is prepared to assist you through all stages of the criminal proceedings. Please call to discuss your legal matter or click on the contact form link above.